We, at the Classical Saxophone Project (CSP), have been deeply moved by the precarious situation of the musicians in Lebanon, a country facing an unimaginable hardship since the tragic explosion of the port of Beirut on August 4th, 2020.
The goal of our project “Music for Lebanon” is to perform a free concert at St. Joseph Church in Beirut on October 30th, 2021. This concert will be the first of what we hope will become a long collaboration between CSP and the Lebanese musicians.
We will employ musicians from the Lebanese Chamber Orchestra, offering a chance to showcase their musicianship and providing much needed financial relief.
The event will be professionally videotaped and live-streamed, bringing a worldwide awareness of the resilience and artistry of these musicians even in the midst of the unparalleled calamity affecting their nation.
We plan to establish a long term collaboration with the musicians of Lebanon.
- CRUX FIDELIS, concerto for saxophone and string orchestra commissioned by CSP from Lebanese composer Naji Hakim will be premiered at this concert.
Two soloists will perform during the concert:
- Mario Rahi, violinist, (Lebanon)
- Javier Oviedo. Classical saxophonist, (USA)
Jean-Pierre Schmitt, conducting the orchestra.
The budget includes:
- Stipend for 15 musicians
- Stipend for soloist and conductor
- Commission of Saxophone concerto
- Professional Videotape and live stream
- Travel and lodging. (2 People)
- Concert Hall
If you wish to help us with our worthy project, please click below. No amount is too small. Every bit helps. Thank you for your generosity.